Summer COVID Policy

 

Keystone Adventure School and Farm

2021 Summer on the Farm COVID-19 Safety Protocols

 

It is Keystone’s intention to provide a safe, fun place for campers to spend their summer days. In order to do so during the Covid-19 pandemic, we request that each camper and their family agree to our COVID-19 Safety Protocols. Please read and follow these procedures throughout the summer to ensure the safety of our summer camps. Failure to abide by these rules may result in the release of your student from our summer camps without a refund of pre-paid fees.

All Summer on the Farm families must read and agree to abide by each of the following protocols.

  • If you or anyone in your family has had direct contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19, your student will not return to Summer on the Farm for either (1) a minimum of 5 days and produce a negative PCR test, or (2) ten days past exposure. If this occurs, Keystone will refund 70% of your unused tuition and keep 30% to pay staff for their commitment to the summer program. Failure to report an exposure will result in a loss of all tuition.

  • If your child is showing symptoms of COVID-19, they must remain at home until they are symptom free for 24 hours with no medication and may not return the next day. Symptoms include: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or breathing difficulty, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose (not due to seasonal allergies), nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea. If a student is sent home from summer camp with these symptoms, they will not be allowed to return for a minimum of 2 days.

  • If your child or anyone in your immediate family is diagnosed with COVID-19, your child will be required to stay home from camp for a minimum of 2 weeks (14 days) and produce a negative COVID-19 test in order to return. If this occurs, Keystone will refund 70% of your unused tuition and keep 30% to pay staff for their commitment to the summer program. Failure to report diagnosis will result in a loss of all tuition.

  • If any household family member travels on mass transit including planes, trains or buses, that student may not attend summer camps for at least 10 days after the family member returns home. If you and your family have plans for mass transit trips this summer, please do not enroll in any camps until 10 days after returning home. If a student comes to camp sooner than 10 days after mass transit, they will be withdrawn from all camps and no refund will be offered.

  • Keystone will take the temperature of all students daily prior to entering the building. If a student has a temperature greater than 100 degrees, they will be asked to go home, and remain home for a minimum of 24 hours fever free. That means they will not be able to return for at least 2 days.

  • Keystone summer campers will be divided into two pods for indoor learning. In the event of a positive case with direct exposure, the campers from within that pod will be asked to remain home for at least 5 days and produce a negative PCR test or remain home for 10 days. In the event that this happens, all campers within that pod will receive a 70% refund of unused tuition. The remaining 30% will be used to pay Summer on the Farm staff.

  • All summer campers are required to be masked indoors. We will have a great deal of outdoor mask free time, but during indoor times they will be required to wear a mask. 

  • There is to be no sharing or selling of food in the Summer on the Farm program. Students must bring their own food for both snacks and lunch.

  • We ask that students wear their bathing suits to Summer on the Farm, and try not to change throughout the day. There will be dryout times at the end of each outdoor water exploration session.

  • Parents are not allowed to exit their vehicles or enter the building during drop off and pickup times. Students and parents must be masked during drop off in the morning, and parents masked at pickup in the afternoon.

  • Although Western Ave. is closed due to bridge construction, Keystone campers can access the campus from our Western gate through the road closed signs.

  • Students will wash their hands throughout the day for hygiene purposes and will be required to wash at both drop off and pick up times.

  • Students will be asked and reminded to socially distance during all activities both indoors and outdoors.

Your signature indicates that you have read, understand and agree to all of the information provided above. Failure to do so may result in the immediate dismissal of your student from Summer on the Farm.